Thursday, January 10

Throwback Thursday: Cinema Style

Amanda Schull's Outstanding Performance in Center Stage

Now to all my Ballet and Pointe Dancers out there, if you have seen this movie as much as me, I know you know every move in this final dance!


Coming to theaters in 2000, the film made $4,604,621 during its opening weekend (IMBd).  I'm not sure if this is good compared to the other movies that came out around that time, but this is my FAVORITE movie!  Jodie (Amanda Schull) ends her performance debut with amazing Fouette turns; and this red outfit along with the red pointe shoes just give it such a fierce effect! I was only 6 when this came out, so I remember being all over the house trying to do these turns in my ballet shoes. And I know I'm not the only one haha! And of course Cooper (Ethan Stiefel) and Charlie (Sascha Radetsky) were a great asset to this piece as well.

This clip is all over YouTube with millions of views and comments. Even 13 years after the movie was released, we are still raving about it. 


-NF
Peace. Love. Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment